Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Edward/Bella
I never thought this would turn into an all consuming reading project but these books are some of the most creatively innovative pieces of literature to hit our era. Meyer somehow managed to take the timeless classics of Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet, and Wuthering Heights and turn them full circle, emulating timeless struggles of love, temptation, jealousy, sacrifice, and family. Edward and Bella leap off the pages into your conscious and little else in daily life can be accomplished until you force yourself to reach a point that enables you to tear your eyes from the all consuming 1900's sophisticated ramblings of Edward, directed most of the time to Bella. I'm almost tempted to forget I'm are reading about vampires... yes interesting. However, it's brilliantly weird the way the human struggles and frailties mirror so beautifully off Edward. There are four books in the series and having devoured the first three Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, well over 1600 pages, I'm tempted to only read one chapter at a time in book four, Breaking Dawn, to somehow slowly linger the ending to this saga...won't happen. Happy reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
found the Edward Cullen point of view unpublished book online, different perspective of the first book Twilight. It's all in Edwards mind instead of Bellas. Fascinating. (the Stephanie Meyer web site)
ReplyDeletethe movie comes out on March 21st and we are enticing so many people to read this before our movie party... YEAH!!!
ReplyDelete